History was made at the University of Hyderabad (UoH), the Hyderabad Central University (HCU) yesterday, April 12, 2016. The University General Body Meeting of Students agreed on major issues listed below.
In an unprecedented show of unanimity and unity the following resolutions were massed with a huge majority.
- Remove Appa Rao Podile from the post of Vice-Chancellor.
- Put an end to Campus Blockade immediately.
- Demilitarize University of Hyderabad campus immediately.
- Constitute a Committee against Prejudices and Discrimination.
- Drop all the false police cases slapped on students, professors and a media person.
Less than ten representatives of the RSS-BJP affiliated Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) attended a meeting that lasted several hours. They left the auditorium after being outnumbered, democratically.
Earlier Radhika Vemula was once again stopped from entering the premises. Students met the Registrar to ask why Rohith’s family members are not being allowed. He said she won’t be allowed until the suspended VC, Appa Rao Podie gives her permission!!! She was even asked to write a letter of explanation why she wants to enter UoH campus.
Students have said, “We do not have words to express our anger and disgust. Rohith’s mother and brother are still stranded at the gate of a ‘public’ institution.”